My name is Autumn Rumfelt and I am the new School Counselor at Old Fort Elementary School. I am exceedingly happy to be working with the wonderful students at our school. As a school counselor, my role is to help students succeed academically by helping them in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development.
As part of my school counseling program, I offer the following services to students:
- Small group counseling
- Individual counseling, as needed
- Large group counseling (classroom guidance)
- Referrals to community agencies for school-based therapy
- Responsive services to students in crisis
- Prevention activities (e.g, Red Ribbon Week activities)
- Parent consultation on a variety of issues
- Opportunity for 5th grade students to participate in career day
Transition to Middle School Information for 5th Grade:
- January 29, 2019: Foothills Community School visit to Old Fort Elementary during the school day to provide information about the program and application process.
- January 31, 2019: Open House at 6:00 p.m. for Foothills Community School.
- April 15, 2019: Transition field trip during the school day to Foothills Community School for students who have been accepted into the program.
- April 23, 2019: West McDowell Middle School visit to Old Fort Elementary during the school day to provide information about the school and elective classes.
- May 13: 5th Grade field trip to West McDowell Middle School to tour the school, meet teachers, and register for elective classes.
Permissions forms for transition field trips will be sent home in early April.
If you need to speak with me, please call 668-7646. I am here to help in any way that I can.